Monday, January 12, 2015

Diet update

I really don't like to use the word 'diet' because I think of a diet as a temporary measure that yields temporary results.  Once you stop the diet, the weight usually comes back. I'm trying to make my Fit for Life routine more of a lifestyle; something that becomes a part of my everyday life.

So, last Mon I started following Fit for Life, which works on the theory that proper food combining aids in quicker digestion, more energy, and weight loss.  I did really well the 1st week and lost 5 lbs.

The 1st week was kind of rough, I'll be honest.  I had some serious cravings for sweets but I stuck to it and didn't cheat.  From my experience 20+ years ago, the 1st week was the hardest and then the following weeks got easier.  I'm really hoping to keep this 'lifestyle' going indefinitely.

3 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

congrats! I am going to check out your link to this eating plan.

Robert said...

The journey of a thousand miles always begins with that first step.

Keep putting one foot in front of the other and soon the changes in your eating will be second nature.

You can do it!

Ur-spo said...

congratulations!