Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Cinco de Mayo!

So yesterday was Cinco de Mayo and we celebrated as we have for the last couple years by having margaritas and Mexican food with Steven & Thad and Joe P at Dos Locos!  I was happy that Patrick was still here so he could join us too.
Me with my Blood Orange margarita


Patrick and his traditional margarita


 



















We are friends with the owners who always go out of there way to make everyone feel welcome and appreciated.  The past 2 years Spouse & I have gotten free Dos Locos/Cinco de Mayo T-shirts so we wore them to dinner last night.  This year in addition to new T-shirts we also received crazy shades.
dos locos wearing locos shades 
Everyone's fabric napkins were wrapped in red Mardi Gras beads with red chili peppers on them. Since no one at our table wanted to keep theirs but me, I took them all.
As we were leaving the restaurant several patrons looked at all my peppers and asked what I had to do to get so many, to which I responded "I'm ashamed to say!"  This produced surprised looks and laughter.  Even folks sitting on benches as we walked toward the boardwalk made comments about all my peppers.  They were quite the conversation piece!

Once on the boardwalk Patrick & I took a selfie with the ocean behind us, which you can't see because it was night.
We had an awesome Cinco de Mayo celebration and hope you all did too.

3 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

seems sad to see dos locos without the cajun there. he would also look good wearing the peppers around his neck!

Mistress Maddie said...

Looks like a fun evening at Dos Locos. Always a good time. And judging from that picture....i figured you were a size queen!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun time and the margaritas look yummy.

Thanks,

Calvin