Monday, May 18, 2015

Legends 2015

Last Thurs I received the schedule for the 2015 Legends series which begins this coming Sat 5/23.  (Not a moment too soon, right?)  For those of you who are new here since last summer, Legends is the name of a celebrity tribute show in which I perform.  We wear professional costumes and wigs, and even have back-up dancers as we alter our voices and body language to impersonate musical legends of the 20th century.

Last fall we were told that Tim & Randy were going to overhaul the show we've been doing for the last 4 summers, so I was really hopeful that I'd get some new Legends to impersonate.  I'd hinted that I would love to Billy Joel and George Michael.

But I believe several unexpected things happened that diverted their attention from Legends, and when the schedule finally came out last week, I am doing 2 of the 3 Legends I've done in years past.  This year I will be Elton John and Neil Sedaka (again).  
As Elton John, with dancers

As Neil Sedaka

I really like doing both of them.  The musical medleys are great and the costumes are sequined and fun (but hot), but figured many of our returning guests might be wanting something new.  Also, I'd like the opportunity to branch out to new Legends and different music.

But as I explained to Spouse, Steven & Thad on Fri, this gig takes up about 90 minutes of time every other Sat night, I enjoy doing it, and they pay me really well, so I really have no reason to complain.

One thing that is different this season is that, while the performers and Legends they impersonate rotate, I am scheduled to perform on all 3 holiday weekends (Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day) this year.  That gives my Legends maximum exposure!

So here's to another successful season of Legends!  If you're going to be in Rehoboth Beach this summer, let me know!

2 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

and you DO sing expressively! :)

Biki Honko said...

That Elton John outfit is so him! Sigh, its to bad that you didn't get a chance to do someone new. But on the other hand, that shows you just how much they adore your two impressions. So bask in the fact they adore your talent, and get out there an break a leg honey!