Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Its Pride Month!

Happy Pride Month!!!

June is generally considered 'Pride month' because the Stonewall riots occurred in June and June is the most popular month for city and state Pride celebrations. However our Pride celebration takes place in Sept here in DE, after the tourist season ends.

I just realized I haven't really 'celebrated' Pride here on my blog in a few years.  Not sure why; maybe its because the Pride Festival which used to be local to us is now held about 90 minutes away so we haven't been to it since it moved.  We used to go to Pride every year when we lived in the DC area.

My friend and fellow blogger Kelly at Rambling Along in Life is doing his annual Pride month photo challenge: 

Kelly's original photo

Post the photo above on your blog and let Kelly know. He will link to you on his month-long Pride post. Each year he hopes to exceed the previous year's number of participants in this photo challenge, so why not play along? Its fun!  

Whether you celebrate Pride in June or some other month, I hope you'll look back on the enormous progress made towards equal rights with appreciation to those who paved the way.

3 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

I fly kelly's flag 24/7/365!

philly's pride parade is this weekend.

Ur-spo said...

I just put mine up.

Fearsome Beard said...

I've got it posted!